With the start of housing development inside a eucalyptus bushland creek used for sheep grazing on the northern side of the Morialta Conservation Park, came the need to prevent insensitive, inappropriate and polluting development.
In 1968 new residents to what was then called Rostrevor Park saw the need for an active Morialta Resident’s Association.
Objectives set in the MRA constitution were to:-
• preserve and enhance the indigenous qualities of the area
• prevent ugliness arising from development or neglect
• promote public awareness of factors affecting the environment
• make representations to local authorities regarding works, amenities and services
• co-operate with other bodies having similar aims.
Morialta Residents' Association 2016